Oberammergau and The Way of St. James
Spectacular churches of the Bavarian pilgrimage trail
The Camino, or Way of St. James, one of the great pilgrimage routes of the world which concludes in Santiago de Compostela, extends in many different European directions depending on the country from which the faithful travelled. The Jakobsweg route passes through Bavaria, and following a key section of it from Munich to Lake Constance invites appreciation of some truly majestic places of worship, along with splendid scenery and glorious food and drink (particularly local beer). Whether you are religious or not, this is the perfect combination with the iconic Oberammergau Passion Play.
*Please note that hotel names are confirmed to us by the Passion Play organisers closer to the departure date. Single travellers are allocated single rooms during the nights in the Oberammergau area; in other hotels they are allocated a twin/double room for sole occupancy.
Tour dates & prices
Included in your cost:
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Professional Tour Manager
- Local travel aboard a private air-conditioned coach
- Meals as per the itinerary, wine and tea or coffee with dinner
- Entries to all sites as per the itinerary
- All taxes & gratuities
- Hotel Category B (equivalent to 4-star)*
- Category 2 Tickets for the Passion Play & Passion Play textbook in English